Another week, another patch! This week’s update consists of bug fixes and some long-anticipated quality of life changes for Battle Royale. This will include an option to remove aim-assist on consoles, and more.
Low HP? No Shields? Enemies all around? Give yourself a fighting chance with the all-new Chug Jug! Find a safe place to Chug this Jug for 15 seconds and gain max Health + Shields.
- Added AutoRun!
- Input defaults for PC are “=” and “NumLock”
- Input defaults for controller is double-clicking the left stick.
- Added a setting to disable aim assist on consoles.
- Remapped weapon binds on AZERTY keyboards to the top row number keys.
- Wooden power poles no longer block building.
- Spike Traps found in Supply Drops will now stack with other Spike Traps found elsewhere.
- The Spike Trap’s effective range will now more accurately match the distance of the spike animation. The damage area was previously too large.
- Supply drops no longer hover above the ground after landing.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the Shield Potion and Slurp Juice visual effects from playing when the player is already shielded.
- Fixed an issue that made Cozy Campfires appear to be active after they have expired.
- Fixed an issue which caused collision of eliminated players to persist for too long.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to hide inside of supply drops if the supply drop landed on a crouched player.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to pass through walls as they edited them.
- Optimized the speed at which players can cycle building pieces under poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue which caused dropped items to fall off the edge of the map and spawn near a living player.
- Kicking a basketball through a soccer net no longer counts as a goal. Soccer balls still count.
- Improved the accuracy of grenade arcs.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to switch between two scoped weapons without leaving the scoped view.
- Player’s weapons will no longer disappear for a short time after the effects of the Boogie Bomb wear off.
- Reduced the delay between throwing a grenade and switching to another weapon.
- Shadowplay Highlights now records player knockdowns (DBNO).
- Quitting a match early will no longer award stat or challenge progress. Progress will only be awarded when a player leaves after they are eliminated or have won.
- Players can no longer purchase the Battle Pass x10 Tier bundle when at or above Battle Pass tier 65.
- We fixed this on January 19th and affected players have been compensated.
- Fixed an issue which allowed items in the locker to rotate on the wrong axis while spinning them.
- Fixed an issue which caused the client to lock up after ALT-TABing on PC.
- While spectating, players will now be returned to scoped view when the spectated player switches between scoped weapons, instead of being pulled into third-person view.
- Brick building effects have been fixed.
- Players can now mute party members from the lobby screen.
- Players banned from voice chat can no longer use it on the lobby screen.
- Added Auto Decline Friend Requests as a new option for PC players to the Social Widget.
- When enabled, friend requests will be auto-declined. Enabling this option will decline all pending friend requests.
- Friend and Party invite notifications will now correctly appear for Battle Royale players that have never played Save the World.
- You no longer open the fullscreen map while spectating a player with report menu up,
- This issue only occurred if a player was using the “Combat Pro” controller config.
- The radial emote menu will no longer persist after the warm-up phase if left open.
- Characters pose no longer resets after opening the news widget.
- The ping value displayed in the Net Debug Stats UI is now more accurate. It will appear higher than before for all players.
- Lowered volume of bus music and the sound played when jumping out of the bus.
- Lowered volume of wind sounds played during skydiving and gliding.
- Lowered the volume of gunfire, footsteps, and impacts during warmup phase.
- Removed the “Caw” sound layer from the Death Valley pickaxe.
- Removed some layers from the new pickaxe sounds that could be mistaken for bullet whiz-bys
- Music from dance emotes will no longer overlap.
- Loot chest audio is no longer hushed by pickaxe impact sounds.
- Added more loot spawns to Haunted Hills.
- Fixed missing collision on junkyard crane.
- Fixed two areas where players could hide under the terrain by the edge of the river.
- Fixed a section of the Moisty Mire water that did not slow players down.
- Fixed a mine cart in Shifty Shafts that could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue causing the soccer stadium to sometimes not load in properly.
- Fixed a seam in the terrain near Flush Factory that allowed players to see through the map.
- Added collision to pillars in Haunted Hills so players can no longer hide inside them.
- Scoring a goal in the Soccer stadium will now show proper visual effects.