The much-anticipated Season 3 of Fortnite Battle Royale is launching this week alongside Patch V3.0.0. Epic Games have finally released details regarding the content of the upcoming Season 3 Battle Pass. New outfits, gliders, backpacks and much more are coming in this brand new space-themed Season 3.
Edit 22/02: Added all 13 pages of Battle Pass Season 3 + Weekly Challenges Week 1.
Introduced at the launch of Fortnite Battle Royale Season 2, the Battle Pass gives players access to a wide variety of goodies including outfits, pickaxes, gliders, backpacks, emotes, V-Bucks and more.
The Season 3 Battle Pass contains no less than 100 tiers. You unlock each tier by simply playing the game and completing Battle Pass Challenges. As you progress through tiers, you unlock unique rewards. Even though the Season 3 Battle Pass contains 30 more tiers than its Season 2 predecessor, Epic Games insists on the fact that you will be able to complete it in the same amount of time (~75-150 hours).
Season 3 will run from February 22nd to April 30th 2018.
There are two ways to purchase the Season 3 Battle Pass:
– Season 3 Battle Pass – Price: 950 V-Bucks.
– Season 3 “Battle Bundle”. The Battle Bundle package includes the Season 3 Battle Pass + 25 tiers. Price: 2,800 V-Bucks (40% discount).
Once you’ve acquired the Battle Pass, you can speed up the leveling process by purchasing tiers for 150 V-Bucks each.
Tiers 1-100 Breakdown
The Season 3 Battle Pass offers a grand total of 76 rewards (up from 46 items with Season 2 Battle Pass). Patch V3.0.0 also sees the introduction of three new cosmetic categories: Back Blings, Skydiving FX Trails and Loading Screens.
Here’s a complete breakdown of both Season 2 and Season 3 cosmetic rewards:
– Back Blings
Backpacks, aka “Back Blings”, are now equippable items in your locker. You will also be able to mix-and-match between backpacks from outfits you already own, such as the Raptor. The Season 3 Battle Pass offers three unlockable back blings at tier 22, 47 and 71.
– Skydiving FX Trails
— LootLake.net – Fortnite Battle Royale News (@LootLakeBR) February 20, 2018
Daily challenges from Season 2 have been replaced by the new and improved Weekly Challenges. Each week a new set of seven challenges will be made available. Players will need to complete four out of the seven quests in order to unlock rewards.
Weekly Challenges will also benefit players that acquire the Battle Pass mid-season as previous challenges will be retroactively available before Season 3 comes to an end on April 30th.
Week 1 / 2 / 3
If I purchase the Battle Pass Season 2 do I get the Battle Pass Season 3?
- No, but you keep all of the rewards you’ve earned from the Season 2 Battle Pass!
How do I buy the Battle Pass?
- Launch Fortnite
- Select Battle Royale
- Navigate to the Battle Pass Tab
- Purchase either the Battle Pass or the Battle Bundle
What if I buy the Battle Pass late in the season?
- You will receive all of the rewards up to your current level, retroactively!
I want to get everything right away. Since there are more levels in Season 3, isn’t it going to cost more to buy my way to the end?
- Yes, it does. For the first 70 tiers you’ll receive 70 items, just like last season. The added 30 tiers in Season 3 offer more loot than before. We have designed the boosts and challenges so you can complete the 100 tiers of the Season 3 in the same time that it took you to complete the 70 tiers of Season 2.