Epic Games have released the Fortnite V8.20 Content Update patch notes which features the new Explosive Bow. Here are the full patch notes:
Archery can be a blast! Nock enemies in a whole new way with this explosive new weapon.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
- In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles.
- May the best aim win!
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Boom Bow
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the stronger the shot! This increases both projectile speed and direct impact damage.
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Direct hit
- Increased duration from 10 seconds to 20 seconds
- Increased movement speed bonus from 20% to 40%
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
- Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.